The pollywog used to serve as a summer kitchen separate from the rest of the property so that the heat of the stove wouldn’t make the main house uncomfortable. The Fillebrowns attached the pollywog to the cottage in 1920, converting the previous kitchen into the main area it is today and sometimes even using it as an additional bedroom. The range used in the old kitchen is now the fireplace in the main room. Helen Fillebrown may have been telling tales, but she was known to say that the pollywog had been moved to its current location using “roller skates”.